Instagram was born during the era of Facebook’s continual boom. It was a platform for communicating with images, which gained a huge following of a million people in only two months time.
In 2012, Facebook acquired Instagram and it has launched into the perfect platform for businesses and e-commerce companies. As on June 2018, there were one billion active users on Instagram...and you can imagine how much that number has grown since then!
In fact, more than 25 million businesses have a profile on Instagram, and 80% of users follow at least one business. Combine the progression of increased users with participating businesses, and Instagram becomes the ultimate marketing platform.
Creating Content on Instagram
If your Instagram business account has any obstacle, it’s probably creating content. Taking a nice photo and writing a captivating caption seems quite simple...but it’s not. You need high-quality content.
Every piece of content that you post on Instagram should be:
- Visually appealing: This means your photos will capture their attention with a high-quality image.
- Informative: Every post should tell something about your brand or the people behind your brand. Tell a story, share an experience, or show how other Instagram users are using your products.
- Relatable: Followers want to see that you live in the same world that they do. Appropriate hashtags help you appear more relatable to your readers, too.
Tracking Analytics on Instagram
Now that you’ve launched a series of Instagram posts that meet the above requirements, you will see the results start to pour in. How can you categorize and track those results? The best way to to link your Facebook business account and your Instagram business account together.
This simple action keeps all of your communications in one place. It:
- Streamlines notifications and comments for both Facebook and Instagram into one app.
- Redirects Instagram DMs to Facebook Messenger.
- Allows your to reply to comments and messages for both platforms in one app.
- Makes it easier to track Instagram notifications, and even place them into folders for organization.
- Helps you to be known as a brand that is an active communicator and timely in responding.
Connecting with Influencers on Instagram
Instagram birthed a new form of marketing: Influencers. Influencers are people who use your product or service, and create high-quality content that engages with your followers about your product or services. Essentially, they do the marketing for you!
And Instagram users go crazy for Influencers because they:
- Try out a product and give an honest review, which makes them trustworthy and credible.
- Don’t sound like a sales-y advertiser, which is refreshing to followers.
- Share a story about how they use the product. And Instagram users are suckers for a good story!
Those elements combine to form a reliable, genuine Instagram Influencer. And that Influencer is friends with your target audience. Friends ask friends for suggested products or their honest reviews of a service; and Instagram users are more likely to buy a product that was promoted by an Influencer instead of a brand. Therefore, an Influencer has a significant sphere of influence with your Instagram audience.
Wondering how to connect with a potential Influencer? You can always DM them. Or try one of these tools: Hype Auditor, Crowdfire, or Buhttps://buzzsumo.com/zzsumo.
Hosting Contests and Giveaways on Instagram
Who doesn’t love free stuff?!? Hosting a contest or presenting a giveaway is one of the best strategies for attracting new customers and delighting your existing followers. I’ll let the statistics speak for themselves:
- Instagram accounts that regularly run contests and giveaways grow 70% faster than those who don’t.
- 91% of Instagram posts with more than 1,000 comments are associated with a contest or giveaway
- Instagram contests and giveaways earn 3.5 times as many “likes” and accrue 64 more comments than the average Instagram post.
If your Instagram business account wants to attract more followers and charm your current friends, this is a surefire strategy to achieve that.
Writing Valuable Content Attracts Valuable Followers
Another way to increase your followers and lure new customers is obvious: create valuable content. Instagram users want to be inspired by brands and want to be entertained by their visual content.
In addition to high-quality images, share stories, create polls, add on stickers, use emojis, and include hashtags. Don’t forget that people also enjoy videos! You can post both pictures and videos in the same carousel.
Don’t forget the basics of Instagram content
Don’t overlook the basics. Every single post your business makes on Instagram needs to be:
- Visually appealing
- And relatable.
This will keep your followers around and encourage them to be active on your Instagram business account.
Do you feel like your Instagram business account isn’t producing the results you’re after? We can help! Fill out the form below so we can boost your Instagram presence, help you gain new followers, and keep your current ones as loyal Instagram friends.